Apprentice Nursery Assistant POPLARS BLOSSOMS NURSERY SCHOOL LTD
Poplars Blossoms are looking to recruit a friendly nursery apprentice to join their team. Work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities. If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you. We will consider Level 2 or Level 3 candidates (Level 3 for those that have experience or qualification in childcare).
Closing date: 19 Jun 2023
- Up to 4 weeks paid holiday per annum - 8 public/bank holidays paid per annum - Bonus Scheme
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Shifts to be agreed around the nursery opening hours Monday - Friday 7.30am - 6.00pm
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
27 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the nursery
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement nursery policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children aged six weeks to eight years as required (full training given)
- Write good quality observations in each age group (training given)
learn to maintain some records of children’s development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/early-years-practitioner-v1-0
- Please refer to above link for more information
- Functional Skills Level 1/Level 2 if required
- Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment
This apprenticeship will take place at the employers address.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
POPLARS BLOSSOMS NURSERY SCHOOL LTD
205 EDWARDS LANE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.