Security Engineering Apprentice SELECT SECURITY SOLUTIONS LIMITED
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Security Engineering Apprentice with SELECT SECURITY SOLUTIONS LIMITED. The successful candidate will assist with the installation of security systems and on successful completion of the apprenticeship, progression opportunities within the organisation will be discussed.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm Total hours per week: 40.00
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
24 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
· To assist with the installation of security systems, ensuring that the work is installed to the required standards, specification, schedule and that all documentation is completed
· To provide clients with support and feedback during the course of the installation to ensure customer satisfaction
· To liaise with other staff members, especially the installation team leaders and the installation scheduler, providing relevant feedback
· To observe all health and safety requirements, ensure that you and others around you are operating in a safe manner
· Ensure Company Policy and standards are met
· To regularly refer to the staff handbook for individual policy information
· To maximise the profitability of the department by ensuring a ‘right first time’ approach
· To ensure that your uniform is clean and tidy each day
· To ensure that your dust sheets are clean, and vacuum is in full working order
· Ensure all equipment stored on site is kept safe and, in a manner, not to cause health and safety problems
· Ensure that the site is kept as clean as possible, for the duration of the installation
· To ensure that the installation is completed to the surveyor’s specification and that the equipment is installed to the manufacturer’s specification and within the time schedule
· To ensure that all paperwork is completed correctly and forwarded to the correct staff member
· When required to ensure that the system is demonstrated to the clients properly, focusing on the need for reducing false alarms
· On job completion, to ensure that the system specification is correct, and any changes are noted and brought back to the office
This role is varied and challenging and requires the candidate to be fully committed to both work and college.
The security industry can be fast paced and demanding. On occasion you will be required to work away from home on projects around the UK. This apprenticeship may also have unsociable hours of work due to the nature of the business.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The fire emergency and security systems technician Level 3 apprenticeship is delivered over 3 years. Apprentices are required to attend college at our Stroud Campus (GL5 4AH) on block release during term time complete underpinning knowledge studies towards the qualification.
The assessor will visit the apprentice and support their progress through on-site assessment and regular reviews within the workplace.
The End-Point Assessment (EPA) is delivered and assessed externally once all other criteria of the apprenticeship is achieved.
Apprentices are required to spend a minimum of 20% of their employed hours on off-the-job learning. This has to be structured and evidence will need to be provided.
Within your apprentices standard you will work towards:
· Level 3 Competency Qualification
· Level 3 Knowledge Qualification
· British Values
· Employment Rights & Responsibilities
· End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following the successful completion of your apprenticeship, progression opportunities within the organisation will be discussed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SELECT SECURITY SOLUTIONS LIMITED
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.