Teaching Assistant Apprentice The Carlton Academy
The Carlton Academy is looking to offer a hard-working and committed candidate with a genuine interest in teaching and learning the opportunity to join their team as a Teaching Assistant Apprentice. This role includes working with young people and helping them succeed in education.
Closing date: 19 Jun 2023
As this position is term time only the pay will be pro rota'd. This means the actual pay for the year will be £7,772.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday -Friday 8.30-4pm. This position is term time only.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
24 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children aged 11-18 the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively and constructively with the whole school team.
- Promote community cohesion and cultural diversity encompassing a full understanding of the school’s ethos.
- Helping supervise pupils in the classroom.
- Help with lesson planning.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Build a relationship with other teachers, staff and parents.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Assist with the planning of learning activities.
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and improve personal skill set.
- Work closely with teachers to ensure own contribution aligns with the teaching.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/teaching-assistant/
- Functional Skills if required in English or math at level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible position at Carlton Academy
- Qualifications to progress down teaching pathway
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
The Carlton Academy
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.