Early Years Apprentice Hampton Vale Primary Academy
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Hampton Vale Primary Academy as we are seeking to recruit a committed, hardworking and enthusiastic Early Years practitioner to join our friendly and dedicated team. The successful candidate will work alongside our experienced Nursery and Reception team.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
Pension available to opt in.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday, 8.30am - 4.00pm, Tuesday - Friday, 8.30am - 3.30pm. Term time only.
Total hours per week: 33
Possible start date
19 Jun 2023
23 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an exciting time to be joining the MAT as it grows and all schools in the MAT have a common interest in improving the standards for children in Peterborough.
- Demonstrate a willingness to support children in their learning and development, as well in key working children within the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to support learning and provide opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Show how they effectively communicate with children, parents/carers and colleagues
- Demonstrate an understanding of how important a secure, happy and safe environment is, and assisting the staff in keeping the environment clean and tidy
- Playing and interacting with the children
- Care routines such as nappy changing, handwashing, feeding, toileting
- Show an ability to be a team player as well as using their initiative
- Be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures, e.g. child protection, internet safety, health, safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Accompany staff and pupils on visits, trips and out-of-school activities as required
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other staff, parents and carers
- Attend relevant meetings as directed to by Senior Leader for Creative and Physical Development
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and ensure CPD is in place to develop this
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
- Access to Anspear courses
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Although there is hope for a job, there is no guarantee of job at
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Hampton Vale Primary Academy
West Lake Avenue
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.