Prototyping Engineer Machinist Apprenticeship PROTOTYPE PROJECTS LTD
Exciting opportunity to learn on-the-job skills in making CNC parts for products of the future. Under the supervision of experienced operators, follow instructions, learn & take on board suggestions from others and improve as a machinist.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
21 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays. Annual bonus related to performance & P&L.
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.30pm (monitored)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
14 Aug 2023
23 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your progress will be gradual over time. For each machine, or skill, you will be required to reach a high standard whereby you are fully competent on one machine or skill, prior to moving to a new area.
For each skill, the resulting parts made need to be visibly checked and need to be of a high quality - whether metal or plastic tools and parts.
You will ensure:
- That the machines are operating correctly and that pieces are cut to perfection
- If directed to do so, you may be asked to perform maintenance on the machines and replace dull or aged parts as necessary
- You would also be responsible for your own work area, and help others to maintain the whole CNC department, by keeping it clear of rubbish, spills wiped, clean and tidy so that it complies with H&S
- You would be required to do other tasks, such as pack, tidy store cupboards, stock take, unpack supplies and other tasks specified by the CNC Team Leader, or Manager to get work completed on time
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- This is an opportunity to join the CNC department as an apprentice within the CNC team
- Alongside your college studies in Engineering, you will be employed byPrototype Projects Ltd, and the working week is 40 hours a week
- During term time you would be on day release for lessons as specified by your course leaders. Anytime not at college, you would be expected to be at work. During the college holidays, you will be working at Prototype Projects Ltd 5 days a week
- As a full-time employee, normal holiday and leave rights to apply
- You will spend a period, of work shadowing key members of staff within the existing CNC team
- You will continue to learn by watching/practising/ and trialling, under the supervision of the CNC Team Leader, or member of staff supervising
- You will report to the CNC Team Leader
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Qualify as a fully trained CNC Operator Setter
- We are an employer that is committed to continually train staff, both internally and externally, for professional and personal development
- As a company we will value hard work, creativity, and enthusiasm, rewarding staff that give 100% all the time. Our company goal is to expand the CNC department significantly in the next 5 years, so a further team leader role may open up over this time
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
PROTOTYPE PROJECTS LTD
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.