Administrative Apprenticeship HELIX PRECISION MACHINING LTD
Helix Precision have a great opportunity for an outgoing, enthusiastic person to join them in the role of a business administrative apprentice. The successful candidate will be trained to cover all administrative duties, such as gaining valuable skills in the precision engineering manufacturing sector.
Closing date: 25 Jun 2023
Company pension scheme.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday, shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
21 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be trained to cover the below administrative duties, gaining valuable skills in the precision engineering manufacturing sector:
- MRP system – Factory Master
- Invoice matching – checking invoice values against purchase orders updating current prices in the MRP system requesting credit notes liaising with suppliers on a daily basis
- Raising invoices after goods have been dispatched and sending them to customer accounts
- RFQs – Raising a quotation and entering part numbers and descriptions and filing associated drawings away in the correct folders
- Entering in manual invoices, entering direct debits, making supplier payments and marking them up in Sage
- Statements – sending out statements every month to customers and chasing payment
- End of month supplier payments and sending a remittance
- Wages – working out all employees overall hours and submitting them to our accountant and then paying all employees every week
- Answering the phone and taking messages
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator standard
- Functional Skills in maths, English & IT (if required)
- Regular training and development to meet the needs of the employer and the apprentice
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity of full-time employment upon completion of the advanced apprenticeship if available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Business Administration (Grade Level 2) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HELIX PRECISION MACHINING LTD
GLOBAL BUSINESS PARK
4 HAMBURG ROAD
KINGSTON UPON HULL CITY COUNCIL
Employer Engagement Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.