Accountancy Assistant Apprentice KLN ACCOUNTANCY SERVICES LIMITED
Are you looking to secure a career in accounting working for an accounts practice which truly values it's employees and customers? If so, read on, as KLN Accountancy, are looking for a finance apprentice to join their team! You will build knowledge, skills and experience within accountancy and gain hands on experience in this industry.
Closing date: 07 Jun 2023
Up to £14,000 depending on experience
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
14 Jun 2023
21 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To assist in the provision of high quality and professional accountancy support services to the Senior Management and Accounts Team. You will be working under the guidance and supervision of qualified and experienced members of staff. We will also appoint a dedicated Line Manager and Mentor to support you throughout your apprenticeship.
Duties will include:
- General office duties and administrative work, for example, photocopying, filling, shredding, call handling, preparing mail to go out to clients and producing client correspondence, letters and invoices
- Checking of books and records received from client’s, managing the storage and return of books and records to the client
- Basic Payroll duties using sage 50 payroll system
- Bookkeeping and preparation of VAT returns using computerised accounting software such as sage accounts and excel spreadsheets
- Assisting in the preparation of Limited Company and Sole Trader accounts
- To receive payments through front of house and to ensure that proper receipting procedures are adhered to
- Customer service duties including dealing with incoming phone calls and visitors
- Manage time keeping including input of own weekly time sheet
- Organising client meetings for Accounts Manager
- Assisting with any other Practice business during staff holidays/absences as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be enrolled on the Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard, which includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment(EPA) process.
The knowledge units will be delivered at the EMA training hub in Derby or Nottingham (depending on apprentices location) through day release.
AAT Modules are as follows:
- Bookkeeping Transactions (L2 Unit)
- Bookkeeping Controls (L2 Unit)
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The potential to secure a more senior role with additional responsibilities
- The possibility to secure a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship
- The opportunity to progress onto a level 4 accountancy apprenticeship upon completion of the level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
KLN ACCOUNTANCY SERVICES LIMITED
8-10 HIGH STREET
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.