Apprentice Roofer MEARS GROUP PLC
Mears can offer you a great foundation to your future career and beyond. All our apprentices are paid above minimum wage and you'll be given the chance to work alongside our talented workforce. As a roofer you will learn about all the different products and understand how to manage a job depending on the materials you are using. Installing slate and tile roof coverings, repairing single tile or slates.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Salary is dependent on age.
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Sep 2023
28 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Interpreting drawings and diagrams, as well as measuring and calculating the required amount of materials
- Learning about different products, materials, tools and techniques used for roofing
- Installing slate and tile roof coverings, repairing single tile or slates and installing waterproofing systems and related products to flat roofs to ensure that they are watertight
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The NVQ L2 Roofer apprenticeship programme takes 24 months to complete
- At the end of your apprenticeship, you must achieve your TRADES test. Upon passing this test you will earn the status of roofer
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
With experience, you could become a roofing surveyor or consultant, estimating costs, dealing with contracts and working with architects.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
MEARS GROUP PLC
About disability confident
EAST SURREY COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.