British Gymnastics Apprenticeship through Axis Trampoline & Gymnastics Club AXIS TRAMPOLINE CLUB LIMITED
The aim is to provide the opportunity for individuals with strong passion and motivation to experience a full-time career in coaching gymnastics/trampolining (depending on experience), and to continue developing high quality coaching skills within themselves and assisting the club in maintaining core operations.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
5 days over Monday to Saturday, including evening and weekends, shifts TBC. You are required to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, up to a maximum of 40 hours per week. We will identify with you the exact agreed hours of work during the interview stage.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
22 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The ideal applicant will work with Axis Trampoline & Gymnastics Club to develop the club's gymnastics/trampolining offering.
- You will be employed in a full-time role in a gymnastics and/or trampoline coaching environment, whilst being supported through your apprenticeship journey on the programme by our trained mentors.
- The British Gymnastics Apprenticeship Programme will be split into three main sections:
- 1) The apprenticeship delivered by Bridgwater and Taunton College.
- 2) Personal development and gymnastics related training in one specialist gymnastics discipline (to be agreed), delivered by British Gymnastics.
- 3) Employment with Axis Trampoline and Gymnastics Club.
- As a requirement of the Apprenticeship standard, you will work a minimum of 16 hours per week (with some apprentices commonly being employed for 30-40 hours per week), which must also include the hours required for “off-the-job" training. We will identify with you the exact agreed hours of work during the interview stage.
- Your day to day activities will largely focus around the delivery of coaching of your selected gymnastics discipline, working with our complete customer demographic from pre-school to adults within the club's normal session delivery. You will be supported in this by our team of qualified coaches and mentors.
- The off-the-job hours will include working in a variety of gymnastics disciplines/depts within the club which are separate from your chosen specialist discipline, as well as working in general club operations including customer service, reception work, serving in our busy cafe, ensuring centre cleanliness, equipment management, and successfully completing any apprenticeship coursework or assignments.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship itself is the Level 2 Community Activator Coach Standard, however, within the journey of the apprenticeship, Axis will also support your coaching development by offering you an opportunity to gain a Bristish Gymnastics coaching qualification in an appropriate gymnastics discipline to suit the needs of both the club and the apprentice (to be agreed prior to you accepting the role).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After the Apprenticeship, you now have the knowledge and a Bristish Gymnastics Qualification to continue your coaching journey anywhere in the UK.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
About the employer
AXIS TRAMPOLINE CLUB LIMITED
Unit 14 Liberty Industrial Park
South Liberty Lane
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.