Apprentice Production Chef Lynnies Lunch Stop
A great way into cheffing, this job will give you the experience you need to work in the catering industry, and your skills will be in high demand for the foreseeable future. The role includes learning new creative techniques and developing your skills, working in a fast-paced kitchen and learning organizational skills and good time management .
Closing date: 03 Jun 2023
Overtime hours may be available during the business's busy times or covering staff holidays.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Hours will be between 8 am-3 pm, Monday – Saturday.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
08 Jun 2023
20 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
General duties include:
• You will be working in a busy hospitality setting
• Preparing fresh food from scratch
• Prepping food for breakfast and lunch service
• Some baking
• Learning to produce food under a deadline to order
• You will gain proper experience in your trade
• Cleaning down during/after service and following food safety/ health and safety guidelines
• Learning new creative techniques and developing your skills
• Working in a fast-paced kitchen
• Learning organizational skills and good time management
• Learning how to create new dishes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training will be at Doncaster College, day release, where you
will access a wide range of facilities on offer
- You will undertake Production Chef Level 2 standard
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment
You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed.
You will undertake both on and off-the-job training by a team of industry-qualified professionals to give you the best skills, knowledge, and experience.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a higher level apprenticeship or full-time employment for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Lynnies Lunch Stop
39 MARKET PLACE
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.