Apprentice CNC Machinist MIDLAND PRECISION ENGINEERING LIMITED
Midland Precision Engineering Ltd have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates who are looking to pursue a career as an Engineer, with ongoing support you will become valuable part of our ever so expanding team. To be part of the apprenticeship programme and be trained as a CNC Machinist, we have 2 positions available.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2023
Monday to Friday 07:30 - 16:00
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
20 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Position to include but not limited to:
- Set & Operate CNC Lathes, CNC Milling Machines
- Program & Set multi-sensor CNC inspection equipment
- CNC program development using CAD/CAM systems
- In process inspections
- Offset adjustment
- Tip changing
- Tool setting
- Machine set-up
- CNC program editing for cutting and inspection equipment
- Inspection equipment programming
- CNC programming (basic)
- CAD/CAM programming
- Include learning the goods in/dispatch area
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Machining Technician apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Machining) (Development Technical Knowledge).
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
- You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession
- You will experience a blended learning model
- You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
MIDLAND PRECISION ENGINEERING LIMITED
Unit 8, Ascot Industrial Estate,
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.