Adult health and social care level 2 Apprenticeship WESTFIELD RESIDENTIAL HOME LTD.
This is a chance for a young person to earn while learning with good rates of pay and excellent support and benefits, in a homely working environment. Once your learning is complete there are excellent opportunities to stay and work with us or join the NHS.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
An Apprentice at Westfield will be expected to learn for 30 hours per week. The shift pattern can be initially 8am till 2pm or 10am till 4pm. Once inducted and learning, this can change to 7am to 2pm and 2pm to 8pm to suit learning in other duties.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
11 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· You will complete an induction programme and work towards an inhouse basic care course which will give you the basics to care for our residents until you gain further knowledge.
· Initially you will be an addition to the shift and gain experience alongside our carers to help you gain experience in everyday tasks. Making sure Service Users are Hydrated by offering regular refreshments throughout the day. You will also be involved with interacting with residents during activity time. You will be shown the importance of recording and care planning, whilst gaining knowledge of all aspects of the role of a carer within a residential care home setting.
· You will gain knowledge with an extensive training package covering the following: Caring, Catering, Good Housekeeping and Person centred Care Planning, First Aid, Fire safety, Health and Safety, Nutrition, Food Hygiene, to name but a few and many more skills.
Once competency is gained through the basic care course, you will be integrated to work alongside the care team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
· You will be learning through our training provider, Hull college.
· At the end of the apprenticeship you will have acheived an Adult health and social care level 2 certificate and the Care certificate.
· Enhanced training package.
· A chance to further your learning to level 3 Adult Health and Social Care if you so desire.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified the candidate can stay and work at Westfield if there is a vacancy, or take their qualification to another Care Home or apply to the NHS.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WESTFIELD RESIDENTIAL HOME LTD.
16 CARR LANE
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.