Early Years Apprentice Doves Day Nursery
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly nursery in Gosport is looking for a Level 2 Early Years Apprentice to join their team. You will work and interact directly with children on a day-to-day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 Hours paid per week. Monday to Friday, shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
16 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Creating warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing, and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in maths and English (Unless exempt)
- Training completed via work-based visits at the nursery and 4-hour study time provided for coursework
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once completing your Level 2 Apprenticeship you may be offered the opportunity to progress onto a Level 3 or a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Doves Day Nursery
1 Stoke Road
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.