NVQ Level 3 - Childcare Apprenticeship SARAH LOUISE BRIDGEWATER
A chance to gain valuable skills while working in a nursery setting as well as learn about childcare related topics in a classroom setting. This will include gaining your Level 3 Paediatric First Aid. The role will include providing an excellent range of activities for the children, preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children and preparing food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2023
From 1 April 2023, the National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £5.28 an hour.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday. Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
30 Aug 2023
17 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking first aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all health and hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 - Advanced Diploma Early Years Educator - your apprenticeship will last for 13 months
- You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor within the nursery
- Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS framework during the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Developing into a level 3 practitioner, with the potential of a permanent position upon successful completion.
Other prospects could include applying for:
- Room Leader positions
- Possible management training
- Springboard into Primary Education
- Paediatric nursing
- Continuous development in current nursery setting
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade (Grade C/4 or above)) Essential
About the employer
SARAH LOUISE BRIDGEWATER
8 Mansell Street
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
0121 594 0459
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.