Web Developer Apprentice EVO AGENCY LTD
In this degree apprenticeship, you will be involved in website development including front-end and back-end development in PHP. You'll be working on a variety of web-based projects including Laravel and our bespoke CMS platform (EvoCMS). As you progress, we’ll get you more involved in some of the back-end development.
Closing date: today
National Minimum wage for apprentices will be paid in Year 1. Apprentices aged 19 or over who have completed at least one year of their apprenticeship are entitled to the national minimum wage for age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
9.00am - 5.30pm. Working days to be confirmed. 1 hour for lunch.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
09 Jun 2023
20 Mar 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The job role will include various aspects of website development including front-end and back-end development in PHP.
You'll be working on a variety of web-based projects on a number of systems including:
- Website development including front-end and back-end development in PHP.
- Working on a variety of web-based projects on various systems including Laravel and our own bespoke CMS platform (EvoCMS).
- You’ll have the ability to learn and will be given training in areas you are interested in, such as command-line, server management and AWS skills for example.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Digital & Technology Solutions Level 6 (Degree Apprenticeship).
- BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions.
Structure of the Scheme:
- Years 1 and 2
You will complete a range of modules aimed at providing you with a solid basis in the digital environment.
- Years 3 and 4
From Year 3 the focus of the programme will be in Software Engineering.
- The company has a Mentor Scheme in place giving all apprentices a named senior employee who they will be in contact with who can advise on all aspects of the apprenticeship including career development and practical task-oriented advice.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Having run a number of apprenticeships in the past, we have a track record of hiring successful apprentices on completion of their course as Web Developers which is a great way to further a career in the web industry. During your apprenticeship, you’ll be working on and solving real-world problems on live websites and as such, you’ll naturally build up an incredible amount of experience and a great portfolio of work during your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
A Level or equivalent IT (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
A Level or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade MMM) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
EVO AGENCY LTD
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Digital and technology solutions professional (integrated degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.