Technical Engineering Apprentice SCORPION REDPOWER LTD
This is an exciting apprenticeship opportunity to join an industry leading performance exhaust manufacturer based in Ripley. Here you will be using CAD, testing prototypes, fitting and assembling and complying with health and safety regulations.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30 pm. Friday 7.30am -12.30pm
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
10 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will be to work in the R&D department to support the manufacture of various exhaust systems and products that the company produces:
• Having a basic understanding of all departments
• Design & manufacture prototype components and assemblies for cars and motorcycles; basic sheet metal & welding (MIG & TIG), use of hand tools
• Fitting of components / assemblies to cars & motorcycles
• Testing of prototypes and recording results
• Producing and maintaining accurate records
• CAD, 2D & 3D
• Computer skills required to input data in the ERP system and other company files
• Working to ISO9001 standards
• Adhering to H&S procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Engineering Technician Level 3- Technical Support Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Gateway preparation and End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time position with company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SCORPION REDPOWER LTD
HIGH HOLBORN ROAD
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.