Multi-Skill Accident Repair Technician Apprentice GEMINI REPAIRS LIMITED
They will learn skills in car body, paint, mechanical and electrical. Duties include learning to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment.
Closing date: 09 Jul 2023
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
23 Jul 2023
17 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Gemini Accident Repair Group are offering an exciting and unique opportunity for apprenticeship candidates to start their career within their highly successful and growing organisation, as a vehicle accident repair technician apprentice.
The Gemini Apprenticeship Programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment. A multi-skilled vehicle accident repair technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage. This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition. These fall into three main areas of skills training:
MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim:
- Candidates will learn to refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and hybrid & electric vehicle systems
- Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment
- Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing
Sealing Masking Priming:
Application of base coat & lacquer:
Repairing defects and polishing In addition to the above techniques, the employer will also provide successful candidates with additional training to achieve industry qualifications in the following techniques, throughout the programme:
- British Standard Welding Certificate
- Refrigerant handler Electric and hybrid repair
- Senior Accredited Assessment
The post holder will also be required to complete any other tasks deemed by the line manager as appropriate in line with the role. You must have a driving license as you will be required to test vehicles on the road to check repairs.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Candidates will work towards achieving the Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship Standard for the Automotive Bodyshop Industry at Level 3 British Standard Welding accreditation BS1140 & BS4872 covering the range of .5mm to 2.5mm material (to include IMI AOM009)
- MIG brazing, and achieve IMI AOM133 Bonding & Riveting EC842
- Refrigerant Handling IMIAL L3 Electric & Hybrid Repair & Maintenance Senior Automotive Technician Accreditation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
GEMINI REPAIRS LIMITED
Tewkesbury Industrial Estate
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.