Apprentice Dental Nurse Bassingbourn Dental Practice
Bassingbourn Dental Practice are looking to take on a Apprentice Dental Nurse to work within there team where you will provide efficient and reliable chair-side support to Practice Clinicians and also take on a Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2023
This will be increased dependent on relevant age and experience.
Monday - Thursday, 9.00am - 5.00pm and Friday, 8.30am - 1.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
14 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Provide efficient and reliable chair-side support to Practice Clinicians. The role will also require working in other areas of the practice such as:
- Dealing with patient queries
- Answering the phone
- Taking payments and booking appointments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This qualification is a level 3 advanced apprenticeship accredited by City & Guilds and is delivered nationwide through blended interactive E-Learning, enabling learners to access the course from anywhere in the UK
- Upon achievement the apprentice will be awarded a Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills English & Maths level 2 qualifications unless already exempt
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- With experience, you may be able to move into jobs like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager
- With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work. You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums
- You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patient's teeth
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Bassingbourn Dental Practice
2 High Street
TEMP DENT DENTAL AGENCY LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.