This apprenticeship offers the opportunity for people with prior scientific or engineering backgrounds a route into one of the largest commercial growing operations in the UK. As a level 3 horticultural apprentice, horticultural growers play a key role to the future success of our business and the industry in general.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2023
Wages will be discussed at interview stage.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
14 Nov 2023
14 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Amenity and decorative horticulture#
- Preparing landscape areas for seeding and planting
- Establishing landscape areas
- Maintaining landscaped areas
- Safe use of Horticulture machinery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship and this will be delivered on a day release
- The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you
- Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
- This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
- Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of this apprenticeship, Crop Technicians will have the opportunity to progress within the industry into roles such as unit/arable manager, production manager, or farm manager. However we would love to keep you working at the Hollies!
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
01829 760 761
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.