Apprentice Hospitality Supervisor THE BROAD OAK PUB CO LTD
Provide vital support to management teams and capable of independently supervising hospitality services and running shifts. Typically working under pressure delivering fantastic customer service and motivating a team is essential. Supervisors may specialise in specific functions or work across a variety of functions. Cash handling, cashing up, administration duties.
Closing date: today
Monday - Sunday on a rota basis, exact working patterns TBC
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
13 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to the General Manager, you will work across all areas throughout the pub, gaining exposure to each area and develop a sound understanding of how the day-to-day operations of a pub work.
Leading by example, you will take a hands-on approach to:
- Training, developing and leading staff
- Independently supervising services and running shifts
- Co-ordinating a variety of functions (baby showers, birthdays, wakes)
- Assist across the running of the Restaurant and bar providing high quality products to customers with an in-depth understanding of our menu offering
- Providing excellent customer service, resolving complaints
- Work across reception and reservations, co-ordinating customer requirements
- Cash handling, cashing up, administration duties
- Completing opening and closing checklists
- Ensuring a process of continuous improvement, looking for ways to drive sales and maximise profits
- Deputise Managers in their absence
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will follow a Level 3 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a full Level3 NVQ in Hospitality Supervisor. This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 2 Functional Skill in the relevant subject.
One to one coaching, departmental inductions, online e-learning and in-house training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Training and development opportunities across the Group, with potential roles available at the end of the Apprenticeship. You may specialise in one department and work towards a permanent Supervisory or Management position, with further progression opportunities for General Manager in the future.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE BROAD OAK PUB CO LTD
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.