Level 6 Environmental Practitioner (Degree) Apprenticeship WATERMAN INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT LIMITED
Our multi award-winning Apprenticeship scheme gives you the chance to contribute to some of the world’s most exciting projects. Apprentices are valued members of our team who have the opportunity to learn from industry-leading experts and best-in-class lecturers, whilst also working on high-profile projects from start to completion.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
21 Aug 2023
13 Mar 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will attend the taught elements of your apprenticeship (including 1 day a week at Kingston university, and 4 days a week working at our Redhill office)
- You will be involved with the planning of projects with your Project Manager, including when and how you will collect data which will help us assess potential environmental impacts
- Help undertake desk-based research, using publicly available data and information from other sources. This might include talking to third parties such as environmental regulators
- Carry out fieldwork, including making visual observations on sites, and collecting data to support assessments
- Perform routine analysis and data collection
- Provide regular updates to your team members, your Project Manager and other relevant people, either verbally or in writing
- Help prepare client reports/updates (including emails, draft factual and interpretative reports) under guidance
- From time to time we may ask you to come along to client/design team meetings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be studying for a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Science at Kingston University.
In addition to this, at Waterman you will experience the following continuous learning opportunities:
- Workplace shadowing
- Dedicated mentoring
- Technical skills including software, people skills and Health & Safety training
- Periodic In-house training from internal or external resource
- Webinars and e-learning
- Development days
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are great opportunities to progress your career and experience a diverse range of learning & development opportunities with Waterman. Many of our Apprentices will go on to achieve Chartered status.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent 2 A Levels Geography, Sciences, Geology or Maths (Grade A*-C) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Science or Engineering related (Grade DMM or above) Essential
About the employer
WATERMAN INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT LIMITED
About disability confident
2-8 Gloucester Road
Environmental practitioner (Degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.