Apprentice Digital Printer BLUE PRINT MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD
This is a excellent opportunity for an individual with enthusiasm and drive. As a production apprentice, you will be working on everything from artwork and data files, to print presses, finishing equipment and enclosing lines. You will earn as you learn, combining practical training with study towards a Level 2 Print Operative Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 17 Apr 2023
£296 per week
Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:00, which includes a 30-minute lunch break.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 May 2023
13 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To help keep the premises safe, clean and tidy - Set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform maintenance on the assigned machines
- The set up and operation of machines must be done in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
Assist in the management of stock:
- Ordering, storage and control
- Complete associated paperwork and systems transactions, ensuring all paperwork pertaining to company stock is checked and processed in line with company procedures
- Pack product to orders
- Data input onto management systems
- Assist with loading and unloading of delivery vehicles
- Using of forklift, once trained
- Using Mechanical Handling Equipment i.e. fork lift trucks to move goods around
Aid in the preparation of jobs for production:
- Checking of stock, machine make-ready, verifying specifications
- Working with colleagues to ensure Blue Print delivers the quality expected by clients
- Participation to ensure good teamwork
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 2 Print Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship
- Candidates who do not have the required level of maths and/or English will be required to complete Functional Skills as part of their apprenticeship
- Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Blue Print and the BPIF
- You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available
- Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be site-based
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As a production apprentice, you'll be doing the vital hands-on job of supporting, gaining valuable knowledge that will stand you in good stead for the rest of your career. You'll also be a crucial member of the organisation
- A career in Print can be hugely rewarding in terms of job satisfaction, pay and benefits. An apprenticeship with Blue Print offers you the chance to gain a UK-recognised trade qualification as part of a challenging and unique career. Not only will you gain a recognised professional qualification, but upon completion you'll also have a guaranteed job in your chosen field
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent IT or Technology (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
BLUE PRINT MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD
Unit 11, Wassage Way,
Hampton Lovett Industrial Estate
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.