HCC - Members Support Service – clerical / administration apprentice Kingston upon Hull City Council
Are you interested in learning how the Council makes decisions, how Councillors are elected and the support our team provides? This role will give you an insight into how the Council works and help you to understand what we do, why we do it and how, through working across a number of teams within the service, delivering a variety of activities.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Wages paid monthly, last working day of each month.
Monday to Friday - Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
13 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Undertake routine clerical and administrative duties such as preparation of documents using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Receive enquires from members of the public, officers within the Council and outside organisations, either in person or via telephone, and refer them to the appropriate Elected Member
- Record and monitor enquires via our casework management system
- Maintain Members’ diaries, as requested, to assist with effective time management - to include arranging meetings, making travel, accommodation and hospitality arrangements for Members and or visitors, as required
- Provide support, as and when required, within any office of the Member Support Team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Public Service Operational Delivery Officer Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Award in Operational Delivery (Principles)
- Level 3 Certificate in Operation Delivery (Advanced)
- Functional Skills in maths, English if required
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
Operation Delivery Officers have a vital role with Hull City Council
Roles include bringing data and evidence together, and making sure it is correct.
Regular training and development sessions to meet the needs of the employer and the apprentice.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity of full time employment upon completion of the advanced apprenticeship if available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C / 7-4 GCSE or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Kingston upon Hull City Council
Alfred Gelder Street
KINGSTON UPON HULL CITY COUNCIL
Employer Engagement Team
Public service operational delivery officer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.