Apprentice Laboratory Technician - Level 3 Northumbria University Newcastle
Northumbria University Newcastle are looking to recruit apprentice Laboratory Technicians to assist in providing technical support to academic staff and students and assist in the preparation of equipment and facilities within the above school.
Closing date: 15 Jul 2023
Normal working hours are Monday to Thursday, 09:00 -17:00 and Friday, 09:00 – 16:30.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
10 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
General duties and responsibilities:
Specific duties will vary from time to time in conjunction with the requirements of the apprenticeship programme: the following list of duties is intended to indicate the general nature of the post and is not exhaustive:
- Assist in providing technical support to academic staff and students within the above Department
- Assist in the preparation of equipment and facilities within the above school
- Contribute, as directed, to the support of practical laboratory sessions
- Develop and maintain an awareness of relevant Health & Safety regulations under direction of technical supervisors
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of various laboratory techniques
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for use by staff and students
- Working as directed by senior technician to support practical teaching sessions, including assisting in the operation and demonstration of equipment
- Assisting in carrying out routine maintenance of equipment in line with manufacturer’s specifications, & installation of equipment under the direction of supervisory technical staff
- Assisting in maintaining the work area and equipment, to provide a clean & safe working environment within specialist laboratory areas
- Assisting in maintaining stock level of consumables
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of health and safety procedures and issues relating to allocated areas
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Manager within the scope of the grade. The particular responsibilities of all members of staff are likely to vary over time, according to the needs of the service
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion you will gain a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full-time role on completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
Northumbria University Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.