Warehouse Apprentice INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS GROUP LIMITED
ILG are looking for Warehouse Apprentices to work as a member of the team, learning about every aspect of the smooth running of our busy warehouses, from producing an order pick list to the final dispatch of goods, as well as supporting and assisting with stock control.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
10 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for the pick, pack and shipping a range of products to our clients on a daily basis
- Quality checking goods, gift wrapping and packaging to the clients required standards
- Accurate use of the order management system and accurate picking of order items
- Ensure correct shipping information is processed and displayed ready for courier collection
- General maintenance responsibilities of your area in line with health and safety policies
- As part of the apprenticeship you will also be required to complete the competence based Level 2 Certificate in
- Warehousing and Storage (QCF), the knowledge based Level 2
- Certificate in Warehousing and Storage Principles (QCF) as well as Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT Level 1. In order to do that you will be allocated your own Assessor from our training provider Seetec Outsourcing.
- To apply for the ILG warehousing apprenticeship programme you do not need to have previous work experience just a desire to learn and progress.
To be considered for an apprenticeship, you will need:
- Minimum of GCSE Maths & English A*-C/9-4 grades, or equivalent.
- Enjoy working as part of a target driven ambitious team
- Strong attention to detail
- Hard working and enjoy seeing job through to completion
- IT literate and confident to use IT systems
- Retail / Order fulfilment experience desirable but not essential
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will gain a Supply chain warehouse operative level 2 apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship programme design will be built around the standard and individual apprentice and employer needs.
This will consist of:
- A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and Seetec Outsource Training and Skills.
- An initial assessment of your skills, knowledge and behaviours in order to develop and enhance your career and personal progression.
- In line with the with functional skills requirements set by the standard, (where applicable), we will analyse and continuously develop English and Mathematics.
- On the job training delivered by the employer.
Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps
- Individual learning plan - this will be used as part of a professional discussion during your reflective progress review meeting and track the 20% off the job training progress.
- A journey of learning activities over the length of the apprenticeship programme.
Access to on-line learning and an e-portfolio where you will be able to gather evidence to demonstrate your performance ensuring your apprenticeship – this evidence can be used to towards your end point assessment.
End point assessment – this takes place at the end of the apprenticeship to ensure you have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the job role. This may consist of at least 3-4 of the below activities:
- Professional discussion
- Portfolio of evidence, apprentice showcase
- Research project
- Multi-choice knowledge test
- Work based project
- Competency based interview
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A large majority of our apprentices move onto becoming permanent Warehouse Assistants, there will also be prospects to move into Team Leader and Supervisory roles in the future.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS GROUP LIMITED
UNIT A, The Birches Industrial Estate
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Seetec Outsource Training and Skills
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.