Early Years Apprentice CAROUSEL NURSERY SCHOOL (HILSEA) LIMITED
Are you looking to train in Early Years Childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Hilsea, Portsmouth is looking for a Level 2 Nursery Apprentice to join their team. Work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 Hours per week - Monday to Friday - shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
10 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially, and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing, and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner.
Functional Skills: English and maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt).
End Point Assessment.
Training completed via work-based visits at the nursery and 6 hours Off the Job training provided including 3.5-to-4-hour study time provided for coursework.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing your apprenticeship, you may be offered the opportunity to progress to L3 or offered a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CAROUSEL NURSERY SCHOOL (HILSEA) LIMITED
40 NORTHERN PARADE
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.