Early Years Apprentice BROOK PRE-SCHOOL
Are you looking to train in Early Years Childcare? Friendly, local preschool in Southampton is looking for a Level 2 Nursery Apprentice to join their team. As a Preschool Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children including personal care, safeguarding and helping children develop against the EYFS.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
The wage is set pro rata as the role is for 42 weeks a year (term time only)
36.25 hours per week- Monday to Friday- Shifts to be confirmed- Term time only (42 weeks a year)
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
15 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner.
- Functional Skills: English and maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
Training completed via work-based visits at the nursery and 6 hours Off the Job training provided including 3.5 to 4 hour study time provided for coursework.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing your apprenticeship, you may be offered the opportunity to progress to L3 or offered a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BEECHWOOD JUNIOR SCHOOL
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.