Apprentice Parts Advisor Stoneacre Motor Group
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone wanting a career in the motor industry. You will assist in capturing information relating to the supply of vehicle parts for the repairs, routine maintenance and diagnostic work on vehicles as per written instructions or as directed by the customer.
Closing date: 29 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday this may include Saturdays. Hours dependent on individual dealership. Typical day 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Jun 2023
09 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Order parts - ensuring they are supplied correctly, in full and in time for the vehicles arrival
- Order parts from suppliers as agreed by the company & which are compliant with the insurer
- Return parts that are incorrect or not required; chasing the credits notes at least once a week
- Check all parts received from the supplier, be it genuine, non-genuine or second hand for suitability, and correctness; this may include guidance from a currently competent person; when they are not certified
- Label & locate the parts in a safe and suitable area for future traceability
- Enter Supplier invoices, ensuring the profit margin has been correctly applied by the supplier
- Order, check & locate all consumables in line with best before dates and store as per the manufacturers requirements (rotating accordingly)
- File purchase/credit invoices/notes for future reference
- To be aware of and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations and policies applicable to your position and working environment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting a career in the motor industry. At the end of the apprenticeship you will achieve a qualification in Customer Service at level 2. This could lead to future opportunities of senior roles and further development to Management. Across the 12 months you will have block & day release training as part of the off the job training. This is mainly at our Academy in Thorne & at the dealership.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our philosophy at Stoneacre is to create CAREERS FOR LIFE. This amazing opportunity is perfect for anyone looking for a career.
Learners, employers and staff are our most important asset. The success of our company depends on the development of a strong effective team. Stoneacre has its own accredited Automotive Academy with our specialised training programmes we aim to aspire all individuals to achieve their ultimate goals through the Stoneacre CAREERS FOR LIFE programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Stoneacre Motor Group
Monks Cross Drive
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.