Electrical Engineering Apprentice A F SWITCHGEAR LIMITED
These roles are well suited to candidates who have an interest in engineering and are committed to beginning a career in this sector.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2023
Pay may vary dependent on age of the candidate.
37.50 per week. Monday to Friday 08:00 – 16:00 with 30 mins lunch break
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
09 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn how to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Be trained on how to assemble a range of control panels.
- Learn how to maintain control panels, machines and equipment.
- Learn how to inspect and test completed assemblies and how to diagnose and rectify faults.
- During year 3 there will be an opportunity to experience other areas of the business, including sales and Engineering design.
- These secondments are essential in supporting personal development.
- Gain a good understanding of the sector and the products and services supplied by the AF Switchgear Group, attend college and produce work of a high standard.
- This employer is committed to providing further opportunities and supporting personal development upon successful completion of this programme.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Fitter apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes BTEC Diploma in advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship there could be the opportunity to pursue engineering, supervisory, sales and other exciting opportunities within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
A F SWITCHGEAR LIMITED
A F Switchgear Limited
Nunn Brook Road
Sutton In Ashfield
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.