Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship IMPRESS NORTH EAST LTD
Metal Fabrication Apprenticeship available for an immediate start. This apprenticeship will include practical training in our state-of-the-art training facilities, a technical certificate and fantastic work-based training. You will interact with planners, supervisors, inspectors, designers, welders, and many others involved in manufacturing.
Closing date: 15 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Thursday, 7.30am - 4.30pm day shift
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
08 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The broad purpose of the occupation is to carry out metal fabrication work using steel plate and metal sheet
- The Fabricator apprentice will work alone or in teams in the factory
- The Fabricator apprentice will use a large range of metals including steel, aluminium and titanium at a range of thicknesses from 0.5mm up to over 20mm
- In their daily work, the apprentice will interact with planners, supervisors, inspectors, designers, welders, and many others involved in manufacturing
- The fabricator apprentice will be responsible for the quality and accuracy of their own work whilst ensuring it conforms to a relevant specification such as an engineering drawing
- The Fabricator apprentice will be responsible for the health, safety and environmental (HS&E) protection of themselves and others around them
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Practical training in the college workshops for 25 weeks
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- 2 years 1 day per week
- End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once the apprentice has completed they will become a time served metal fabricator
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IMPRESS NORTH EAST LTD
RYTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
NEWBURN BRIDGE ROAD
BLAYDON ON TYNE
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.