IT Apprentice Velocity Academy
Velocity Academy have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice working with them, a Training Provider, based in Leeds, providing IT advice, guidance, and technical support to all customers (via various engagement channels). This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a growing company and start an IT career.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide IT advice, guidance, and technical support to all customers (via various engagement channels) which includes O365, Teams, hardware, user devices and desktop applications, software/business applications etc., using remote management tools where appropriate so that incidents are resolved in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service as the first point of contact for all IT related service requests
- Strong communicator in providing detailed written responses to people’s requests, as well as clear articulate verbal responses when required
- Ensure all incidents and service requests are accurately recorded and actioned, maintaining contact with customers throughout the process
- Maintain service desk records, asset registers and a knowledge base, ensuring all data is recorded accurately following data recording requirements and is up to date
- Act as customer advocate, taking ownership and appropriate action regarding the enquiry, including investigation and prioritisation through to resolution, or where necessary passing to appropriate colleagues in other teams
- Knowing the right time to escalate issues to avoid delays in resolution
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Velocity apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, they will provide the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace and to expand future career prospects.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their programme.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 IT Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners and cameras
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
For a full list of programme modules visit: velocity-pt.co.uk
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Lower Thames Street
EC3 (Monument) Lower Thames Street
VELOCITY 1ST LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.