Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - Ralph Thoresby School INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
If you love to support young people and make a difference, this is your chance to take your first steps into the classroom. Ralph Thoresby are seeking a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to support students education, encourage pupils to become independent, support their wellbeing and assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Benefits •Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants •Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card •Automatic rise in pay after 1 year •Remote learning •Prizes and vouchers to be won (apprentice of the month)
Monday - Friday (Hours to be confirmed)
Total hours per week: 33.0
Possible start date
05 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist with the development and implementation of individual education/behaviour/support/mentoring plans
- To promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with policy and encouraging students to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Attend to the students’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes including social, health, physical, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support students, ensuring their safety and access to learning, including on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Establish good relationships with students, providing relevant pastoral support, and acting as a role model and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Encourage students to interact and work cooperatively with others and to engage in all activities
- Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs; promoting independence and employing strategies to recognise and reward
- Receive and supervise students excluded from or otherwise not working to a normal timetable
- Provide appropriate feedback to students relating to their progress and achievement
- Support students to understand instructions and assist them in accessing learning activities through specialist support
- Support students in respect of local and national learning strategies, e.g., literacy, numeracy, key stage etc. as directed by the teacher
- Implement agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to student responses/needs
- To administer and assess routine tests and invigilate exams/tests
- Support students in using basic ICT developing students’ competence and independence in its use
- To undertake planned supervision of students out of school hours learning activities
- Determine the need for, prepare and maintain general and specialist equipment and resources and assist students in there use
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship standard qualification
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression into full-time employment for the right applicant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.