Apprentice Mortgage Adviser FHFS Group Ltd
The apprentice mortgage advisor will work closely with the established team to help customers purchase their dream home whilst taking care of all their mortgage and protection needs. The aim is to provide hands on job-based training and study to enable you in becoming a competent and confident mortgage adviser.
Closing date: 05 Apr 2023
Wage may vary dependent on experience
9.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday (1/2 hour unpaid lunch).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice mortgage adviser working in the financial services sector, you will be helping support our clients to find the most suitable mortgage based on their specific requirements.
You will be assisting our established team, working with the clients’ best interests in mind, learning how to give appropriate advice and recommendations on the most suitable product for their needs.
The role will include but not limited to support the following duties:
- Completing an initial assessment of your clients’ needs and requirements (factfinding)
- Providing high quality independent advice and explaining the different types of mortgages available
- Researching the market to confirm your recommendations
- Explaining about and advising on a wide range of protection products
- Ensuring all regulatory documentation is completed accurately and in line with required timescales
- Communication with colleagues within your own and supporting teams
- Keeping your knowledge up to date with changes in the financial services market and products from our lenders
Experience working in a sales or customer service based role would be highly advantageous, plus any work experience in the financial services sector is desirable but not essential.
Starting salaries whilst training will be negotiable based on relevant qualifications and experience with a guarantee and structured salary and career path once you have completed your training
- DBS Checks will be carried out for the successful applicant
- Offer subject to Credit Check
- Pet Friendly Office
- Driving License Required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Financial Services Mortgage Adviser apprenticeship standard
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to completion of this apprenticeship
The mortgage adviser apprenticeship is perfect for learners new to the world of mortgage advice looking to develop the knowledge and skills required to work within this specialised role, as well as obtaining a regulatory qualification.
Through job-based training and study towards a highly respected benchmark qualification, the apprentice will become a competent and confident mortgage adviser.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- A broad understanding of the financial services sector
- An understanding of the role of the appropriate regulatory bodies
- The importance of relationship building with clients and colleagues
- Understanding of processes and procedures relevant to the role
- How to develop commercial awareness
- Building skills and capabilities within an organisation
Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP1,2,3) - awarded by The London Institute of Banking and Finance (LIBF)
The apprentice is assigned a dedicated experienced mentor to guide them through the programme. Regular scheduled interactions with the apprentice ensure they are developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to become competent in the role.
To help prepare the apprentice for the CeMAP qualification, Apprentices are provided with Simply Academy’s CeMAP resource package, alongside a structured study plan supported by a series of live revision sessions with our CeMAP tutors.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship offers a route for a career in the mortgage advice sector or for potential progression into other financial services roles. Starting salaries whilst training will be negotiable based on relevant qualifications and experience with a guarantee and structured salary and career path once you have completed your training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
FHFS Group Ltd
24 Bridge street
SIMPLY ACADEMY LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.