Apprentice Fabricator/Welder AF FABRICATIONS LTD
We are looking for a welding and fabrication apprentices to join our busy team. The successful candidates will be assigned a mentor for each of the business processes starting with Process 8 CNC punch and finishing at Process 16 after paint assembly, which we expect to be completed in the first year of the apprenticeship. The role includes informing of any concerns regarding parts, build, people and equipment, maintaining safety and cleanliness of the work areas and signing for the receipt of delivered goods.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Pay may vary dependent on age of the candidate.
Monday – Thursday – 08:00 – 16:30. Friday – 08:00 – 16:00 30 minute break.
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for the fabrication assembly, including welding and sanding ensuring the products meet the standard manufacturing tolerances
- Inform of any urgently required equipment
- To inform of any concerns regarding parts, build, people and equipment
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of the work areas
- Sign for the receipt of delivered goods
- Working closely with others across departments
- Attend meetings Comply with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 quality system
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 General Welder (Arc Processes) apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required
- This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only
- You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession
- You will experience a blended learning model
- You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio
- At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged
- The candidate will be required to successfully achieve qualifications at level 1 in English and Mathematics and also to have taken examinations at level 2, for both subjects, within the period of apprenticeship if not already achieved
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The progression route for the candidates who successfully complete this programme is to move on to the higher award in metal fabrication.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-3 / A*-D) Essential
About the employer
AF FABRICATIONS LTD
NUNN BROOK ROAD
SUTTON IN ASHFIELD
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.