Apprentice Building Control Surveyor OCULUS BUILDING CONSULTANCY LTD PART OF ASSENT GROUP
An exciting opportunity to earn while you learn and progress into a qualified BCS. The role covers the full spectrum of building control surveying services, including plan checks, site inspections, and contract administration. All whilst obtaining a BSc (Hons) Building Control degree funded by the Company (No university debt!).
Closing date: 10 Apr 2023
Generous holiday allowance Performance Related Bonus Funded qualification and fees (RICS/CABE) Life Assurance PMI EAP Company pension scheme 3% employer contribution Claim reasonable mileage expenses inline with government rates
Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm (30 minutes unpaid lunch break). No weekends.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects and liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Effective diary management using various Microsoft packages i.e., Outlook
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating, and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships, via telephone, emails and letters
- Maintaining commercial and quality control procedures for projects under your control
- Monitoring alerts on the Document Control Centre (DCC system) within our Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Taking responsibility for projects within your level of responsibility
- Attending site inspections and completing plan checks
- Managing relationships with key customers to promote business development as seek feedback
- Ensure awareness and uphold best practice in respect of all risk management initiatives and that all policies and procedures are adhered to within their office to ensure rigor around PI/PL insurance, CICAIR
- Willingness to study and complete Off-the-Job learning with UCEM (University College of Estate Management) for the BSc (Hons) Building Control degree
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Off-the-job training will be provided by the University College of Estate Management (UCEM). You will achieve an accredited BSc (Hons) Building Control degree. Rather than attending formal lectures or classes, you’ll study for the degree using UCEM’s fully supported online learning environment and digital library, including support from highly experienced tutors.
In addition, you will participate in a series of ‘professional practice’ virtual classroom sessions. These sessions focus on supporting the development of the broader knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to successfully complete the apprenticeship and to have a successful career in Building Control.
For on-the-job training you will be required to maintain a logbook recording how your experience demonstrates that you have each of the relevant, knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSBs) as set out in the Building Control Surveyor (Degree) Apprenticeship Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified you will be appointed as a qualified Building Control Surveyor. You will be supported in gaining your membership in RICS or CABE as a Chartered member.
There are many routes to progression beyond this point, such as the prospects of becoming; Senior Building Control Surveyor, Principal, Area Building Control Manager, Technical Auditor and more.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subject must hold (Grade 96 UCAS points) (Grade Grade 96 UCAS points) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
OCULUS BUILDING CONSULTANCY LTD PART OF ASSENT GROUP
Unit 2B/C Beehive Mill
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT
Building control surveyor (integrated degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.