Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Therfield Secondary School
An exciting opportunity to join Therfield Secondary School as a teaching assistant. The role of a teaching assistant is to provide support for pupils, encourage pupils to become more independent learners, and provide support for their emotional, social, and physical welfare. The role includes assisting with young peoples' learning experience, helping students who might need extra support and learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
£6 per hour (you will be paid £360 every 2 weeks)
Monday to Friday (shifts to be confirmed)
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
06 Jun 2023
08 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supervising class activities
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
- Assists in the delivery of educational work programmes by participating in day-to-day learning activities
- Discusses with, and reports back to the teacher on the planning and assessment of students work
- Organises and maintains the learning environment
- Works as part of a team to ensure that the well-being, behaviour and personal development of students enhances their learning opportunities and life skills
- Maintains confidentiality inside and outside the workplace
- Understands and applies school policies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Apprentices without English and Maths at Level 2 must achieve these prior to taking the End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for full time employment for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C and above or Level 2) Essential
About the employer
Therfield Secondary School
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.