Dental Nursing Apprentice The Dental Care Centre
Huddersfield Dental Care are looking to offer a dental nurse position in their hardworking team. They are looking for a dedicated, and enthusiastic individual to join this popular practice. You will assist the dental team in the day to day running of the practice. If you are looking for an exciting career in dental nursing, then apply today.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
£6.50 per hour and when they pass 6 month probation it goes to £7.00 per hour
Monday - Thursday 8.15am-5.00pm Friday 8.15am-4.00pm 1 x Saturday a month paid at time and a half 8.30-12.30pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Dental Nurse, you are responsible for providing general chair side assistance to the Dentist while maintaining the day to day running requirements of the practice and its patients.
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day-to-day activity:
- Assisting the dentist in providing safe and effective treatments to patients, from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentists and hygienist while treating the patient, under their supervision
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Continually interpret the needs of the patients and dentists or hygienist, and deal with them promptly and efficiently
- Building relationships with patients
- Proving patients with a high level of care
- Managing patient appointments
- Making sure all equipment is Sterilised and ready before procedures and treatments
- Reception duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom-based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development. We will be offering oral health practitioner level 4 and practice manager level 4 as possible progressions once you have completed your dental nurse apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
About the employer
The Dental Care Centre
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.