Apprentice Travel Consultant Althams Travel Services Limited
Become a fully qualified Travel Advisor for an Award-Winning Independent Travel Agent. Your main duties would include: • Meeting and greeting our customers. • Delivering five-star customer service. • Marketing. • Selling foreign exchange. • Matching customer needs and selling travel and related products and services.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm, with 2 days off during the week.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your main role will be assisting other members of staff as required and to learn about all aspects of the retail travel industry duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting our customers
- Delivering five-star customer service
- Marketing including social media and window displays
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing administration
- Updating customer files
- Selling foreign exchange
- Matching customer needs and advising customer on their holiday arrangements
- Selling travel and related products to customers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Travel Consultant Standard
The apprenticeship programme will consist of:
• A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and training provider
• Allocation of a training provider coach/tutor who will visit you in the workplace on a regular basis
• Off-the-job education, training and on-line learning provided by the provider at one of our training centres or at employer’s premises
• On the job training delivered by the employer
• Quarterly formal progress review meetings with the providers coach/tutor and employer
The Apprenticeship structure:
The apprenticeship standard has two parts:
• The Learning Journey – this incorporates the skills, knowledge and behaviours that are essential to the role, employer and industry. It covers the coaching and mentoring elements of the programme, delivery of the functional skills if required and where necessary any additional support to the apprentice. Specific technical knowledge and skills training is provided by the employer. During the learning journey, apprentices will produce a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate they have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the role and this portfolio will support the end-point assessment
• The training and development delivered by the employer and provider will ensure the apprentice has developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours to be able to complete their end-point assessment
• The End-Point Assessment – this takes place at the end of the programme and consists of the following
- Professional Discussion
- Multiple choice knowledge test
- My Journey - Showcase
Functional Skills – This part of the programme provides those apprentices who have not achieved GCSEs or equivalent in English and maths the opportunity to gain a qualification in English and mathematics. Those candidates that have achieved GCSEs or equivalent in these subjects may be exempt from taking functional skills.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Many of our Althams Travel management team started their career as an apprentice and have progressed in a job they love.
Althams Travel invest in our apprentices and grow and progress within the company and are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Althams Travel Services Limited
14-16 Market Street
ROCHDALE TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.