Finance Apprentice J3241 SOUTH WEST APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
Exciting opportunity to work in the cash application team. The successful candidate will work in the heart of the business as a Finance Apprentice. The apprentice will need to learn and understand all elements of the role during the apprenticeship as well as looking at how they can develop and move on their career.
Closing date: 02 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with ½ hour for lunch
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Dealing with general accounting and Customer queries
- Performing timely and accurate application of daily receipts
- Daily reconciliation of cash balance to general ledger
- Answer telephone and email queries in a professional and timely manner
- Posting journals
- Applying/un-applying credit memos
- Issuing daily cash report to business unit
- Liaising with cash collection and general ledger teams to resolve unreconciled items
- Providing general administration support
- Supporting wider finance team with other tasks around monthly reporting requirements
- Strong academic background
- Highly numerate with great attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication
- The individual will be required to support business units outside of the UK and will need to be able to adapt to different ways of working
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship standard will be delivered using a blended delivery method including day release at college, work based assessment and online learning including:
- Reflective accounts
- Witness statements
- Activity based work books
- Professional interview and discussion
- Work based projects
You will study:
- General business
- Understanding the organisation
- Accounting systems and processes
- Basic accounting
- Ethical standards
- Attention to detail
- Personal effectiveness
On completion you will have achieved the accounts/finance assistant level 2 apprenticeship. AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of this apprenticeship the opportunity to move on to study towards further higher level qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 to 9 (A* to C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH WEST APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
Industrial Estate, Private Rd Number 1
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.