Maintenance Engineer Apprentice NORTHWOOD HYGIENE PRODUCTS LIMITED
The maintenance engineer apprentice will ensure that the facilities, equipment and machinery is efficiently and effectively maintained in a safe and cost effective manner which maximises the the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). Adhering to all health and safety legislation, site rules and company guiding principles.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2023
20 days holiday increasing with service to 25 days, plus 8 bank holidays
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out tasks in accordance with all company policies and procedures developed to reach the goal of zero harm
- Exposure to the development of, and adherence to risk assessments, to deliver safe systems of work
- Report incidents/injuries and action root cause fixes
- Identify, classify, control and eliminate hazards
- involved in the development of safety improvement plans for the team as part of continuous improvement
- Action and address issues identified through internal/external audits
- Maintain a safe work environment with a high standard of housekpeeping
- Carry out planned inspections/audits to ensure orderliness standards are understood, achieved and sustained
- Ensure the correct segregation of waste
- Ensure the equipmet pre - start checks are carried out in compliance with set standards
- Exposure to costs of consumables, supplies and material usage
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance stragetgy, systems, processes and prodcedures to improve equipment reliability
- Trouble shoot equipment/process problems to root cause in conjuction with team members to ensure rapid resolutions of problems and ensure team members learn from the experience
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is a four year apprenticeship and you will achieve level three Engineering Technician qualification - Mechatronics pathway
- The successful apprentice will attend the training provider, 2.5 days per week for the first two years, at In-Comm Training Services in Telford, TF3 3AJ
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time position as Facilities Engineer, and further development within the company for the right candidate, dependent on business needs
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 9-4) Desired
About the employer
NORTHWOOD HYGIENE PRODUCTS LIMITED
Stafford Park 10
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.