Level 6 Building Services Design Engineer Apprenticeship WATERMAN BUILDING SERVICES LIMITED
Our multi award-winning apprenticeship scheme gives you the chance to contribute to some of the world’s most exciting projects. Apprentices are valued members of our team who have the opportunity to learn from industry-leading experts and best-in-class lecturers, whilst also working on high-profile projects from start to completion.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
21 Aug 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Building Services concerns itself with the mechanical and electrical design for building projects.
- Developing sustainable designs and working with Architects to provide ventilation, heating/cooling, lighting and power solutions using 3D modelling software.
- The role also covers overseeing the design being constructed and commissioned on site
You will attend the taught elements of your apprenticeship (including 1 day a week at studying at Liverpool John Moores University and 4 days a week working at our Manchester office).
- Developing knowledge and experience with mechanical & electrical engineering
- Developing knowledge in sustainable and energy efficient solutions
- Developing skills in using 3D building modelling software such as Revit
- Being a key member of the team supporting the design development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be studying for a BEng (Hons) in Building Services at Liverpool John Moores University, as well as achieving Incorporated Engineer status with the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) at your End Point Assessment.
In addition to this, at Waterman you will experience the following continuous learning opportunities:
- Workplace shadowing
- Dedicated mentoring
- Technical skills including software, people skills and health & safety training
- Periodic in-house training from internal or external resource
- Webinars and e-learning
- Development days
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An excellent opportunity to first work towards becoming an Incorporated Engineer with the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) with full support of a dedicated mentor and line manager, and then work towards becoming fully Chartered once the apprenticeship is completed.
There are excellent opportunities to develop your career within Waterman Group through in-house workshops, online learning, via the annual appraisal process and through CIBSE focused working groups.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent 3 A Levels to include Maths and a Physical Science (Grade B (in maths) B, C or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent L3 Extended Diploma - Engineering related (Grade DDM or above) Essential
About the employer
WATERMAN BUILDING SERVICES LIMITED
About disability confident
6th Floor Trinity Court
16 John Dalton Street
LIVERPOOL JOHN MOORES UNIVERSITY
Building services design engineer (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.