Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship SNAPDRAGONS NURSERIES LIMITED
Early Years Educators work with and care for children from birth to 5 years. They play a massive role in supporting children to have the best start to their education. As an Early Years specialist, you will personally help to close the gap and increase the life chances of the children you work with. You will play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2023
£250 joining fee, payable 6 months after joining. Level 3 £250 bonus, payable a month after written confirmation of qualification and a further £250 6 months after this.
Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 May 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working alongside qualified Early Years Practitioners and professionals, you will work towards your own Early Years Educator Level 3 qualification.
Your mission is to provide exceptional early years care in a safe, nurturing and fulfilling environment whilst inspiring children to unlock their full potential through key skills and values which will establish them as gifted citizens of the world.
An Early Years Educator:
- Plans and supervises child initiated and adult led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child
- Supports children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play
- Has key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure
- Observes each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their observations
- Meets the care needs of the individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine
- Works in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child
What do we need from you?
- Reliable and Flexible - contributing positively to the development of the team environment
- Creative and Observant - creating a fun and stimulating environment that builds on the interests of the children to help them progress
- Responsible and Trustworthy - ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children is at the forefront of your practice
- Committed and Motivated - working hard to keep on top of coursework and observations. Utilising the support and expertise of your colleagues and our Early Years Apprentice Mentor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
- NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid OR Level 3 Award Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Apprentices will achieve an Early Years Educator qualification which has been approved to count towards the EYFS level 3 child: staff ratios
- Functional Skills (if required)
Here are some more great reasons to join the team:
We want to improve your work/life balance:
- Paid lunch breaks (yes, you will get paid just for eating your lunch!)
- Almost seven weeks of paid annual leave and an extra paid day off on your birthday
- Family friendly policies including generous childcare discounts so your own children can attend (30% minimum discount)
We want to help you look after yourself:
- Feeling poorly? We pay enhanced company sick pay for when you can't come in to work
- Need more help? Our staff have 24/7 access to an award-winning Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured
- Not sure where to begin? We have a dedicated in-house well-being team to help you!
- Feeling hungry? There are always plenty of snacks available
- Cycle to work scheme keeps you and the environment healthy
We want to recognise all of your hard work and dedication:
- £300 ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus and enhanced rewards for featured jobs
- Employee nominated reward scheme with real world gifts
- Free annual party to celebrate with your team
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We want to help you progress:
- Wide ranging opportunities for training and career progression including Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner, EYITT, ECT,
- Early Years SENCO
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
SNAPDRAGONS NURSERIES LIMITED
Lower High Street
BEST PRACTICE NETWORK LIMITED
0117 235 5764
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.