Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship SNAPDRAGONS NURSERIES LIMITED
Early Years Educators work with and care for children from birth to 5 years. They play a massive role in supporting children to have the best start to their education. As an Early Years specialist, you will personally help to close the gap and increase the life chances of the children you work with.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
£250 joining fee, payable 6 months after joining. Level 3 £250 bonus, payable a month after written confirmation of qualification and a further £250 6 months after this.
Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In their daily work, Early Years Educators interact with children aged birth to five years and will also gain an understanding of further development from age 5 to 7. The apprentice will be responsible for delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development, and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
Duties will include:
- You will work as part of a team, planning and supervising child-initiated and adult-led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child
- You will be supporting children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play
- You will work collaboratively and build strong relationships with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the needs of each child
- You will be ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the room at all times
Working alongside qualified Early Years Practitioners and professionals, you will work towards your own Early Years Educator Level 3 qualification. Your mission is to provide exceptional early years care in a safe, nurturing and fulfilling environment whilst inspiring children to unlock their full potential through key skills and values which will establish them as gifted citizens of the world.
What do we need from you?
- Reliable & Flexible - contributing positively to the development of the team environment
- Creative & Observant – creating a fun and stimulating environment that builds on the interests of the children to help them progress
- Responsible & Trustworthy – ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children is at the forefront of your practice
- Committed & Motivated – working hard to keep on top of coursework and observations. Utilising the support and expertise of your colleagues and our Early Years Apprentice Mentor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard
- NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (EYE)
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid OR Level 3 Award Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Apprentices will achieve an EYE qualification which has been approved to count towards the EYFS level 3 child: staff ratios
Here are some more great reasons to join the team:
We want to improve your work/life balance:
- Paid lunch breaks (yes, you will get paid just for eating your lunch)
- Almost seven weeks of paid annual leave and an extra paid day off on your birthday
- Family friendly policies including generous childcare discounts so your own children can attend (30% minimum discount)
We want to help you look after yourself:
- Feeling poorly? We pay enhanced company sick pay for when you can't come in to work
- Need more help? Our staff have 24/7 access to an award-winning Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured
- Not sure where to begin? We have a dedicated inhouse well-being team to help you
- Feeling hungry? There are always plenty of snacks available
- Cycle to work scheme keeps you and the environment health
We want to recognise all of your hard work and dedication:
- £300 ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus and enhanced rewards for featured jobs
- Employee nominated reward scheme with real world gifts
- Free annual party to celebrate with your team
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We want to help you progress:
Wide ranging opportunities for training and career progression including Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner, EYITT, ECT, Level 3 Early Years SENCO & Forest School
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
SNAPDRAGONS NURSERIES LIMITED
43 Bath Road
BEST PRACTICE NETWORK LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.