Balgores Motors Apprentice Vehicle Panel Technician - Brentwood BALGORES MOTORS (1982) LIMITED
As an apprentice vehicle damage panel technician, you will be repairing accident damage to vehicles ie. removal, repair and replacement of vehicle body panels to vehicle manufacturer specification. The vehicles can include cars and light commercial vehicles. Expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2023
You will start on the national minimum wage for apprentices - this will be reviewed once you have successfully completed the probation period
Typically 8.00am - 17.00pm Monday to Friday
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 May 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Tasks the successful candidate can be expected to carry out:
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, including safety precautions, panel preparation and body measurements.
- Identify the material used in the construction to enable the correct joining techniques and manufacturer specifications to be adhered to.
- Interpret relevant technical data and methods to make sure that any joints are in line with vehicle manufacturer specification and the vehicle/body panels are aligned correctly.
- Ability to identify and understand the correct joining technology.
- Remove, repair, and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools.
- Identify and communicate supplementary damage such as panels that were deemed to be reparable but once worked on were found to be beyond repair along with damage that could not be established on original inspection.
- Ability to detect and rectify faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our training partner will deliver a high-quality Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician programme here in our state-of-the-art bodyshop.
- No college attendance required.
- You will work alongside a highly skilled mentor who will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified vehicle panel technician.
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following completion of your apprenticeship you can expect permanent employment as well as opportunities to progress within Balgores into roles such as workshop controller, Vehicle Damage Assessor or Bodyshop Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BALGORES MOTORS (1982) LIMITED
7 Tallon Road
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.