Apprentice Production Operative ACERINOX UK LTD
This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join Acerinox. As one of the largest global manufacturers in terms of production capacity, apprentices can expect a fast-paced work environment within an experienced team.
Closing date: 01 Apr 2023
Pay increases will be regularly reviewed based upon progress and achievements
8:00am - 4:00pm Mon - Fri (last Friday every month 1:00pm finish)
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Apr 2023
05 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Planning and organising setting production schedules:
● Working from the production plan/schedule for the production lines
● Implement and set the lines from work orders/production plan
● Loading of correct product onto the line
● Working from work orders and Mex to produce to customers' requirements
● Quality focused
● Time management setting/running the lines.
● Positive attitude to be flexible between warehouse & production duties when called upon.
● Be proactive and regularly assess the daily workloads to achieve targets
● Ensure good communications between the Teams
● To meet production Targets
● To look for improvements to the production process
● Quality control (report quality issues to the QA Manager)
● Ensure standard operating procedures are followed
● Liaise with the rest of the team to achieve targets
● Check bundle weights are correct
● Tooling management of Fagor and Inco lines (when re-grind is needed)
● Report any issues with the lines
● Update and complete the weekly maintenance check sheet
● Ensure working areas are clean and tidy
● Stock is packed in accordance with customers' specifications.
Health & Safety:
● Monitor and maintain site security at all times
● Maintain full licence compliance (FLT/Crane use)
● To carry out safety/visual checks of plant/machinery before operation
● Maintain full adherence to health and safety procedures
● Scrap is disposed of in the right bins
● Waste paper/plastic disposed of in the correct bins
● Work areas are kept clean and tidy
● Seek feedback
● Develop essential skill and knowledge
● Invest time to develop relationships within the teams
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Functional skills, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is potential for a full-time position to be offered to the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
ACERINOX UK LTD
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.