Customer Service Apprentice Thrifty Car and Van Rental
Thrifty one of the leading car and van rental companies in the UK are looking for an apprentice to join their team. As a family business, people remain at the heart of everything they do and you will learn to look after their customers face to face and over the phone. You will be completing your L3 Customer Service Apprenticeship via Babington.
Closing date: 01 Apr 2023
Contribution to Group Personal Pension Scheme. Access to our Thrifty Savings platform, an employee discount scheme offering huge savings across multiple retailers.
Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8am and 5pm with 1 hour for lunch.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
02 Apr 2023
05 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Customer Service Representative in one of our branches, you will learn to look after our customers face to face and over the phone, keeping on top of administrative duties and assisting with opening and closing rental agreements. Whilst you learn your role, you will be completing your qualifications by written and verbal work. You will have regular meetings with your line manager and tutor to ensure that you are getting the support that you need during the course.
At Thrifty Car and Van Rental, our colleagues work hard to deliver exceptional customer service, and we drive for success by delivering great service the first time, every time. Full on the job training and on the job support will be provided. Your day to day duties will include:
- To deliver quality customer service as part of a team and individually.
- Identify customer needs/make sales. Close enquiries, take reservations.
- Meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Identify sales opportunities and pass to Manager and/or Account Manager.
- Ensure damage notification is handled promptly and professionally.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Identify, pursue and resolve issues arising from rental.
- Knowledge of terms and conditions of rental.
- Follow set procedures on validation of customers.
- Completion of all documentation, fully and promptly, in order to enable inter-departmental efficiency.
- Working knowledge of technology within the branch including: telephone, fax, photocopier and other office equipment.
- Develop in depth knowledge of each product in order to maximise both the customer experience.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship Standard.
- Remote delivery.
- 15 month duration with 12 months of the learning period and 3 months end point assessment.
- Level 2 Maths and English functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are a company that really does reward hard work and if you perform within this period, you will have the opportunity to apply for a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Thrifty Car and Van Rental
Padholme Road East
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Customer service specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.