CAD Apprentice Gemco UK Ltd
The apprentice will produce high quality design layout and civil drawings for the installation of GEMCO workshop garage equipment through supporting our sales team in meeting customer requirements and ensuring compliance to UK legislation.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2023
Up to £20,000 yearly dependent on qualifications, experience and age.
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm working week with 40 minutes lunch plus a morning and afternoon break each of 10 minutes. (including one day at college)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 May 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Using computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCad LT 2012/2015) software
- Build an excellent working knowledge of all GEMCO equipment and the skills to manage complex installation projects
- Create, amend and finalise professional layout drawings including layout of workshop garage equipment and associated construction requirements
- Ability to interpret customer requirements through written and verbal communications layout sketches and convert them into accurate and detailed drawings
- Working to deadlines, support GEMCO sales force in making recommendations for equipment installation layouts, returning completed drawings on time and helping to manage complex project submissions and timelines
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organised file system for all drawings and associated templates for ease of use ensuring all
- Effective verbal and written communication internally and externally with sales team and project managers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We (Keighley College) will support and coach the learner through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care.
We will carry out the skills, development and workshop practices. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the qualifications, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Mode of delivery: To attend the Keighley Campus as required over the 42 months alongside observations and assessments carried out in the work place. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks.
Supporting Qualifications to be achieved throughout the apprenticeship:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
- Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Technical Support - Engineering Drawing Pathway
- BTEC Level 4 HNC - Manufacturing Engineering
- Personal and People Development
- Working on their own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when they are not sure
Health, Safety and Security:
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity:
- Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 2 Functional Skill in maths
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential full time job upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Gemco UK Ltd
Unit 14C Moderna Business Park
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Engineering design and draughtsperson
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.