IT Field Support Apprentice - Jardine Motors - Birmingham - £18k JARDINE MOTORS GROUP UK LIMITED
You will be responsible for providing technical support, maintenance and installation of IT systems and associated software, which will involve working onsite within our dealership stores providing technical assistance and advanced troubleshooting, as well as providing remote support. Opportunity for progression upon completion of apprenticeship.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2023
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide field-based Engineering support to Senior IT Field Support Specialists whilst gaining on site training to eventually have an assigned area of responsibility
- Eventually ensuring timely response to IT Support allocated Calls in your Area of Responsibility within SLA guidelines
- Develop and manage relationships with Key Dealership Personnel
- To act as local onsite technician for specific sites and locations, responsible for the speedy diagnosis and resolution of IT faults
- Perform installation, configuration, upgrade, security and maintenance of desktop/laptop, peripheral equipment, software and IT infrastructure (including network, switches, iPads/ iPods & server support etc.)
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems
- To deliver proactive system maintenance to ensure system availability according to agreed Service metrics
- Maintain strict adherence to Security Standards, Change Control Processes and Policies
- Manufacturer Systems – Technical Support and Monitoring/Management of dealership/store systems connectivity and operations
- To provide assistance to the Service Desk and all IT Departments as required
- To provide cover in other geographic areas, in times of Holiday or excessive workload
- Support project work as detailed by the Head of IT Service Delivery & Engineering Team Leader
- Provision of 2nd/3rd line support to the IT Service Desk
- Trend analysis of incidents to introduce proactive measures to reduce call volume
- Incident Escalation to 3rd Party Vendors as required
- Maintaining the process for asset management and ensuring it’s adherence within IT Standards
- Ensure adherence to IT Procurement standards
- Assist with maintaining the inventory of all “IT ” assets and software licencing
- Project Co-Ordination & documentation as required within pre-defined budgets
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with LearnTech, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning working towards completing the L3 IT Solutions Technician Standard.
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity for progression to Field Support Specialist upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
JARDINE MOTORS GROUP UK LIMITED
825 Tyburn Road
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.