Apprentice Receptionist DR A BHATTACHARYYA
The Medical Receptionist apprentice will work in a busy GP practice and will be enrolled on the Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3 with PMA Ltd. In house training on the job training will be offered with additional courses available through our ICS. The role is a great opportunity to start your career in healthcare.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday between the working hours of the practice. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 May 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The purpose of the role is to:
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice, including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard supplied through PMA Ltd
- Course is completed remotely on a flexible basis during the working week from the workplace with no attendance at college
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The aim is for the successful candidate once the training is completed to be offered a permanent role within the practice (subject to the practices needs and availability at the time)
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
DR A BHATTACHARYYA
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.