Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - Capella Secondary School INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
If you love to support young people and make a difference, this is your chance to take your first steps into the classroom. The successful apprentice teaching assistant will inspire students with additional needs. You will assist the teachers to prepare the classrooms and clear up after use keeping the classroom in good order.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Benefits •Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants •Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card •Prizes and vouchers to be won (apprentice of the month) •Paid twice a month
Monday - Friday, exact shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist the teachers to prepare the classrooms and clear up after use keeping the classroom in good order
- Proactively provide challenging learning opportunities in conjunction with the teacher
- Help with the planning, preparing, monitoring, and assessing of the learning activities
- Implement strategies for teaching and learning differentiated to differing groups and pupils
- Be familiar with pupil’s individual targets, EHCP outcomes and individual lesson plans
- Use initiative and proactively facilitate the progress, integration and inclusion of pupils
- Supervise pupils at breaks and lunch
- Accompany pupils on trips and outside learning
- Ensure the safety of pupils, staff and self using Team Teach
- Support pupils during integration opportunities or work experience placements
- Provide general admin support to the teacher
- In collaboration with the class teacher, liaise with parents and other professionals, maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils
- Provide support for pupils' emotional and social development by encouraging and modelling positive relationships
- Use ICT to support the teaching and preparing of resources
- Follow the schools behaviour policy to support pupils
- Following school procedures to attend to pupil’s social, health, physical, behavioural, and medical needs in accordance with individual pupils plans
- Be aware of key school policies and procedures, especially the Health and safety and safeguarding policies, reporting concerns to the appropriate person
- Respect the confidentiality of pupil information and respond sensitively to pupils' needs
- Proactively improve your own practice through observation, training and discussion
- All staff to work towards the School Development objectives promoting a mutually respectful professional and positive school environment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard.
- Support and guidance of mentors in the workplace (Capella Secondary School)
- Training provider (LMP Education) typically completing online training modules / classes 1 day per week around working hours, with an LMP tutor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- For the successful candidate, there is the possibility of ongoing employment upon completion of the relevant qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.